Why Do I Need Title Insurance?
To protect possible the most important investment you’ll ever make – the investment in your home. With a title insurance policy you, as owner, have an indemnity contract that will reimburse you for loss in the event someone asserts a claim against your property that is covered by the policy.How can there be a title defect if the title has been searched?
Title insurance is issued after a careful examination of copies of the public records. Even the most thorough search cannot absolutely assure that no title hazards are present, despite the knowledge and experience of professional title examiners. In addition to matters shown by public records, other title problems may exist that cannot be disclosed in a search.
What title insurance protects against –
Here are just a few of the most common hidden risks that can cause a loss if title or create an encumbrance on title:
- False impersonation of the true owner of the property
- Forged deed, releases or wills. Instruments executed under invalid or expired power of attorney:
- Undisclosed or missing heirs
- Mistakes in recording legal documents
- Misinterpretations of wills
- Deeds by persons of unsound mind
- Deeds by minors
- Deeds by persons supposedly single, but in fact married fraud
- Liens for unpaid estate, inheritance, income, or gift taxes
What protection does title insurance provide against defects and hidden risks?
Title insurance will pay for defending against any lawsuit attacking your title as insured, and will clear up title problems or pat the insured’s losses. For a one-time premium, an owner’s title insurance policy remains in effect as long as you, or your heirs, retain an interest in the property.
What this means to you –
The peace of mind in knowing that the investment you’re made in your home is a safe one.
Call Achieve Title Services –
If you have any questions concerning title insurance coverage, please call our office, or any of our policy issuing agents. We are here to assist you.